MOVE IN TIPS
If you are moving into one of our apartments, houses, or duplexes, we are excited to have you with us!
Setting up your Utilities:
- Remember to turn in your 5-day inspection form to your Property Manager.
- Electricity (REQUIRED): Call American Electric Power at (800) 956-4237 or visit online at AEP.com.
- Telephone: Call Verizon at (434) 845-2457 or visit their website VERIZON.com.
- Cable Television, Internet, and/or Phone Services: Call Comcast at (888) 266-2278 or set up your account at COMCAST.net.
- Keep in mind, exterior wiring is not permitted.
- Satellite dishes are permitted in most communities, but restrictions apply.
- Contact your property manager before setting up a satellite account or scheduling your set up.
- You can contact DISH or DIRECTV at their websites, DISH.com or DIRECTV.com.
Please contact Shentel Cable Company at (800) SHENTEL or online at SHENTEL.com.
Please set up your gas account by calling Columbia Gas at (800) 543-8911 or online at COLUMBIAGASVA.com.
Remember to call the Post Office at (434) 528-8995 to pick up your mailbox key from the main Post Office located at 3300 Odd Fellows Road in Lynchburg, Virginia. Upon picking up keys, you will need to provide a copy of your lease and a picture I.D.
If you are moving in to one of our Houses or Duplexes, please see your Property Manager for information regarding setting up your water, sewer, and trash removal.
Hospitals & Medical Services:
Lynchburg General Hospital, 1901 Tate Springs Road, Lynchburg, VA 24501
Phone: (434) 947-4700
Lynchburg General Hospital Website
Virginia Baptist Hospital, 3300 Rivermont Ave, Lynchburg, VA 24503
Phone: (434) 947-4000
Virginia Baptist Hospital Website
MOVE OUT TIPS
If you are moving out of one of our apartments, houses, or duplexes, we are sad to see you go and hope you will consider returning to Langley Rentals in the future. However, please consider looking over some of the moving out tips listed below in an effort to make your move go smoothly.
- Remember to provide your Property Manager with a forwarding address in order to receive your deposit.
- If you have a storage unit, please be sure to empty and clean it before vacating.
- Schedule a walk-through inspection of your apartment with your Property Manager before vacating.
- Cancel or Change your Utilities (See “Move in Tips” Above for Contact Information)